Thursday 15 July 2010

Dont try, just be the fool!!

I read recently, the reason people do not succeed is because people are afraid of failure, Tom Robbins in one of his little stories was telling the story about a fool, because the fool was not bothered about being seen as a fool, he experienced more and learnt more, only because he wasnt concerned about being seen as intellegent.

‘Try again. Fail again. Fail better.’ - Samuel Beckett

And now the intellegent business analysis would tend to side with the fool.

Fail better next time, I think it's actually good advise, your going to fail sometime, do it with some style and bounce back like Tigger from the Winnie the Phoo stories



My mate Vince showed me his daughter's face book status, it would appear his daughter isn't as driven as she once was and now wants to leave school and get a bar job and do nothing, she is 17.

What’s wrong with this, you might think?

The quote on her Facebook page was
'Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
Winnie the Pooh

Well, for me it took me until recently to be able to do nothing, partly because I feel like I’ve done just about everything else want to do in life (this and the next) I’m pretty happy where ever I am, for once and for all, but I’m not 17, maybe I could be a 18 year old, mentally only.



I was on the couch last night after going to the gym and 1 most excellent Royal Derby Chicken Parmajna in my belly, on my bean bag watching TV and being very aware of watching TV and being quite happy do so, what do I have to prove to myself or anyone?

Vince’s daughter is 18, and she's already this way, when I was younger, an age, less than when I was going through my terrible 32's, I wanted to do everything and experience everything at once, just like Dean Moriarty out of Jack Kerouac's book, 'On the road', a bit of a maniac, but now I’m better and getting my kicks by going to the gym most days

I remember thinking, it would be cool to be the kind of person to be able to have a cup of tea, read my book and go to bed, and be happy doing that, because I’ve been there and done that, more and more I’m getting there, but Vince's daughter is already there. It reminds me of the UNIX command ‘Less = More'.

Too much fun is no fun, maybe I just don’t have the same amount of energy anymore and I’m more selective on how I spend the energy I do have, instead of throwing it all over the place.

Since I have lunch with Vince quite often, this Winnie the Pooh quote is for Vince

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?",
I do love lunch, Vince does too, I think we can both agree on that one!

Lewis Caroll says
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...