Wednesday 4 August 2010

Light travels faster than sound....

....this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Videos are from the Melbourne Burning Man, one day festival


Wise words to live by, and now this, I was thinking last night about if I die (IF, a big if), what words would I like to be remembered by, it would have to keep people intrigued for ages, I would want people to spend ages, especially strangers, thinking about what I meant by it?

Maybe people, humans mostly, I’ve ruled out a room full of monkeys typing away for a thousand years on typewriters, it's all iPad's, iPhones that don’t have no good reception and eBooks, at least I think it is? eBooks, that they will read on iPads? Yeah that's it, are you getting the big picture? Neither am I, but let us continue




'Dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit', I remember a bus driver telling me as he drove in to Doolin, the west of Ireland, by the cliffs of Moher, his biggest regret in life was not buying a belt he saw in the window of a shop in England, I’m glad I have no regrets in that regard.



The last belt I bought was in Kuala Lumpor, and I tested it out on my friend Gen's ass as an Indian store assistant in my favourite department store, Times Square, watched on in disbelief, we were very serious too, I was saying, 'How is that for you? [Whack]', she was saying, 'Yeah, that’s good, [Whack]', not your average sale, but it was his first and your first sale is your luckiest, lucky for him.
Maybe it's a bit like getting your sales 'Mojo' going?


So, back to business, How do you want to be remembered?

Phil Lynnott
Phil Lynnott said 'Nurse, can I have a head job'

Brendan Behan

Brendan Behan said to a nun mopping the floor 'May all your sons be bishops'

Oscar Wilde


Oscar Wilde said 'Either those curtains go, or I go'

Anyways, I think I want to be remembered saying 'The flight two, two, is off to Honolulu inspired by the 'Avalanches' album, 'Since I left you', a pure classic!!





1 comment:

The long acre... said...

Other people's last words........
Am I dying or is this my birthday?
When she woke briefly during her last illness and found all her family around her bedside.
~~ Lady Nancy Astor, d. 1964

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
~~ Humphrey Bogart, actor, d. January 14, 1957

I am still alive!
Stabbed to death by his own guards - (as reported by Roman historian Tacitus)
~~ Gaius Caligula, Roman Emperor, d.41 AD

I'm bored with it all.
Before slipping into a coma. He died 9 days later.
~~ Winston Churchill, statesman, d. January 24, 1965

I've had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it.
~~ Errol Flynn, actor, d. October 14, 1959

Does nobody understand?
~~ James Joyce, writer, d. 1941

I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . .
~~ Dylan Thomas, poet, d. 1953

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...