Tuesday 21 September 2010

So, lets do some work, but now first this.

Ad seen in Ireland
So, after waiting 3 weeks to be able to do work, and harassing like a good football defence, regaining possession and scoring a winner in the dying minute of extra time?

What is he on about now, you think? Quite, what am I on about. So, let me tell you about this.
Last night, I went to the gym, as is my 'good habit', no nuns 'Habit' was injured in this process, basically I felt (like I always do) the need to sweat any excess alcohol out of my system, by Wednesday I’m feeling great, Thursday comes around, than I’ll hit up the gym after work on Friday and it all descends into madness over the weekend and Monday rolls around and it goes round and around, the world it would appear is spinning like a coin. I pick heads; I do not want to fall on my ass, dizzy yet?
I digress, moving on.
The pope was in England recently

So, yesterday, I got me myself to the gym, an RPM class then straight to a V-Core class, Sauna. After all this, I went home, I was tempted to watch the Cork Down replay, and it was being replayed at 10.15pm in the Celtic club. I only got home at 4am, that same morning from watching the live game, I wasn't sure I wanted to go through all the exhilaration again. Have a drink? No, No, no, I want to get fit, remember Kieran? I remembered
I told the receptionist I was going home, to just do normal stuff and try and see how that went. So I went home. Made food, watched TV. The TV guide listed an art house movie, made in Hong Kong in 1963 as a Masterpiece, what had I lose. It was called 'In the mood for love'.

In the mood for love
Set in Hong Kong, 1962, Chow Mo-Wan is a newspaper editor who moves into a new building with his wife. At approximately the same time, Su Li-zhen, a beautiful secretary and her executive husband also move in to the crowded building. With their spouses often away, Chow and Li-zhen spend most of their time together as friends. They have everything in common from noodle shops to martial arts. Soon, they are shocked to discover that their spouses are having an affair. Hurt and angry, they find comfort in their growing friendship even as they resolve not to be like their unfaithful mates.


And it was Monday night after all?
Now all I can initially say about this movie, 'In the mood for love', is that it filled the vacuum in me, it's the thing I’ve needed that I haven't been getting in quite come time. It was pure bliss, aided probably by the fact I had 'nearly' a full bottle of red wine and a considerable amount of chocolate, all from the viewing location of the couch (not mine) and it's not a viewing location that will not be available to me.

Once my housemate moves out to live in sin with her boyfriend and poodle, maybe I should lecture her on the holy chastity of marriage and the value and moral benefit of remaining pure before the most holy sacrament and commitment before god?

Just for good measure, a bit of Fred Negro, a living ledgend in Melbourne


Naomi's (for it's my housemates name, don’t yea know?) is never there, she tends to live at her boyfriends all the time and now that I’ve rediscovered the bliss of great art house movies on her couch, watching her TV, eating chocolate from her fridge, that I bought (it could never be that good, eh?), washing my clothes in her washing machine and the list goes on.

One thing is for sure is I will be living like a Zen Buddhist monk, in a simplified lifestyle, wether I like it or not, it will be summer anyways, soon. Maybe it could be time to get to know my neighbours, not that any of them want to know anybody else, welcome to the joy of living in the big smoke kids.

Fitzroyalty

Being a Fitz-Royalty doesn't mean what it once used to mean, now all the corporate types have moved in.

Then I flicked the channel, very satisfied with myself and Letterman had dogs jumping on a pool of water, one dog ran (on 4 legs of course) and cleared 29 feet, in a pool constructed on the street. Very good Letterman, he probably caused and/or added to existing traffic problem in doing this, I approve David, keep up the good work!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...