Wednesday 30 June 2010

Der all dropping like flies here

A fair d well to Matt


So, if you were me, and I don’t recommend you try anything I would ever do, but, from my 'Work' location, the only thing I can ascertain, at this point is this, 'They are all dropping like flies here', and you can quote me on that.

The latest addition to these flies is the illustrious Matt, his last day is today, he's buzzing off to the other side of the river in another building, oh I can see the building, if I walk to the other side of this building, not that I’d want to do that, I wouldn't need to be setting up any telescope to monitor that fellows movements, he'd be doing as little as possible as often as possible, just like me, in fact, like a good man!

But, people in Fitzroy have an aversion in crossing the Yarra river, some just wont do it or they need a very good reason in doing so, to some it's like going to Sydney, no thanks, I’ll stay where I am and I wont be going back to Sydney in a hurry either!

I'm getting flash back of the movie Michael Collins, and I’m not going to compare Matt to the Irish hero, who put the fear of go into the English, but in the movie, he did address a crowd, it was very emotional stuff, moving and the last part of his speech he says, to paraphrase 'If they kill me, who'll take my place?'

Michael Collins, didn't take any bullshit

In the movie, everyone in the crowd shouts 'I WILL', this didn't go down too well with the English spies, this wont be happening with Matt, everyone’s bailing, and the ones left will be bailing water, if I was bailing hay, at least I’d be able to see the work I did and it would be honest toil for an honest days labour, but I digress.

A little known thing I would like to recant about Michael Collins is when the troubles broke out, before the uprising, Mr Collins was working as a messenger in London, he told everyone he was going home to fight the war, everyone thought he was going to help the English and not be the thorn in their side that he was, oh they didn't know what to do with him!

In fact the CIA and anybody involved in warefare studied him, he invented Guerrilla warfare, and he was Che Guevara’s hero.

His father was the seventh son of a seventh son
He used to cycle around on a bicycle, the English were always looking for convoys of cars
His father married at 60
On his father's death bed he told his family to take care of Michael, because "One day he'll be a great man. He'll do great work for Ireland"


In his biography of Michael Collins, Tim Pat Coogan recounted that, when Lord Lieutenant Fitzalan remarked that Collins had arrived seven minutes late for the 16 January 1922 ceremony, Collins replied, "We've been waiting over seven hundred years, you can have the extra seven minutes"

Bon voyage Matt!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...


Hello this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated! apple itunes login

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...