Thursday 20 May 2010

Shopping in the big smoke......flea market.

Myself and couch surfer Drew

Met some good Germans in the hostel, was there ever a bad one? Have a few beers, smoke and it was time for me to hit the streets to see what was going on.

The only place that had a band was charging $17 for the last hour; I declined, so I ended up in the Townie with 3 other chicks I met near the Enmore theatre.

So, here’s what happened, the girls had Irish parents, and before long we were rapping away, this was a good thing,

Now a word from Osho
Meditation is not a solution of any problem in particular; it solves nothing. It simply helps you to get rid of the mind, the problem-creator. It simply helps you to slip out of the mind like a snake slips out of the old skin. Once you know you are not the mind the great transcendence has happened. Suddenly all problems become insignificant; slowly, slowly they evaporate. You are left with a profound peace; a great silence prevails. This silence is the solution. This peace is the answer, the answer of all answers.


Foamiest beer i have ever seen, soon after, i drank it!!


So, had a good chat with the girls, in the Townie, one of them was cool, remembered talking to a vegan and then everyone departed.

Fast forward to when the sun came up (from wherever it was) and Kieran is on the mean streets and there is a market of sorts opposite the train station and much to your surprise folks, I start buying things, first off I bought 2 more scarfs, then I saw a woman look at a jumper, I said, ‘You’d better buy it, cos I will’, the customer (if she really was in the first place) took flight and I said the words and it was only $5 so I bought it, I do live in Melbourne, after all.

Then, I moved on, to browse, or what ever it is, people do, when they buy things that bring them happiness, and I was on fire. Next I bought a belt, a tacky one, but tacky cool, cowboy on a horse, $10, thank you.

King street shop, Newtown


Then, probably while I was chasing my tail, I spotted a woman looking at a book called ‘The book of answers’, so on closer inspection, I investigate this little known wonder of blinded pages. I ask the question ‘Will I find love this weekend’ and open it up, the reply is ‘Don’t bet on it’, I wasn’t, this book obviously have an awful lot to teach me, and I was transformed into a student, and I asked it another few questions and a pretty funny story began to unravel, great buy, $5.

Next I go on to a man selling shoes, eventually I see a pair, $10, I ask him how much would it cost to get them re-soled, to which he informs me, why bother, come back and get another pair off of me next week, that would be an expensive pair of shoes, the next day I bought sunglasses, shopping in the big smoke!

Lastly I bought a hat for one of the people I came to see, I bought one for myself too, I tried to get the price down, the chick needed the money for beer and weed, fair enough, I’d feel guilty haggling the price down there, she did agree with my parting comment of ‘Smoke weed everyday’

This was the shopping, so far so good.

Word.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...